Pharmacy is an enticing and promising career path. Pharmacists are licensed professionals responsible for formulating drugs to treat patients effectively. A day in the life of a pharmacist involves reviewing prescriptions to ensure accuracy, ascertaining the required ingredients, crafting dosage forms, communicating with prescribers, discovering drug processes, and so on.
According to salaryexplorer.com, a person working as a pharmacist in India makes INR 40,400 per month. Entry-level pharmacist in India earns INR 19,000 per month, while the salary of most experienced pharmacists is INR 63,800 per month. Please note that the average monthly salary of pharmacists includes housing, transport, and other allowance. Pharmacists’ wages vary dramatically based on experience, skills, geographical location, and gender.
Do you have what it takes to study B Pharmacy? Read on to explore B Pharmacy eligibility in top universities.
Eligibility requirements for B Pharmacy course in India
B Pharmacy Admission 2022 is mainly based on entrance examinations and academic qualifications. The academic qualifications for the programme are given below:
- A minimum of 50 per cent marks at the higher and senior secondary levels is a must.
- Applicants must have opted for Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics, and English as major subjects in class 12th.
- The age of applicants must be 17 before admission to a pharma school.
- Applicants must take B Pharmacy entrance exams. Many government universities conduct entrance examinations, whereas private universities admit students based on cut-off marks or merit lists.
How to apply for a B Pharmacy course?
Applying for a B Pharmacy course is not a daunting task. Follow these steps to apply for an undergraduate programme in B Pharmacy.
- Firstly, you must prepare a list of colleges you want to apply for.
- Visit the official websites of the selected universities.
- Go on to the admissions page.
- Check the required academic qualifications to enrol in the course.
- Please go through the list of entrance exams they accept.
- If you fulfil entry requirements, fill out the registration form.
- If admissions are based on a test, take entrance examinations.
- Wait for the merit list issued by that particular educational institution.
- The admissions team will contact you for further interview rounds or the final admission process if you are shortlisted.
- Submit fees post document verification.
B Pharmacy fees in India
The cost of pursuing a 4-year B Pharmacy programme in India ranges between INR 3 lakh and INR 5 lakh per annum.
Curriculum for B Pharmacy
The four-year B Pharmacy course covers subjects like human anatomy and physiology, pharmaceutical inorganic chemistry, pharmaceutics, pharmacology, remedial biology, remedial mathematics, biochemistry, and pharmacognosy. Some top private universities in India also offer skills in computer applications in pharmacy, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Design Thinking, and Data Analytics.
If you have what it takes to study B Pharmacy, apply to the top universities in India to launch a career in this evergreen industry. Hurry up.