When it comes to health and wellness, Black women are often the trendsetters and innovators. We’re always on the lookout for the latest workout craze or diet fad, and we’re quick to share our experiences with friends and family.
But while we’re always eager to try new things, there’s one area where we tend to lag behind: mental health. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, only one-third of Black women seek professional help for mental health issues.
This is a problem because mental health is just as important as physical health. Luckily, there are a growing number of Black women who are using their platform to spread awareness about the importance of mental health and self-care.
Here are some of the Black wellness influencers you should know:
Black Wellness Influencers You Should Know
There are many black wellness influencers making a difference in the world today. Here are just a few of them that you should know:
1. Kelechi Okafor is a British-Nigerian actress, writer, and podcaster. She is the host of the popular podcast “I’m Still Here”, which promotes open and honest conversations about mental health within the black community.
2. Danielle Moodie-Mills is an American political strategist, commentator, and radio show host. She is also the co-founder of Black Girls Vote, an organization that encourages black women to get out and vote.
3. Dara Adeeyo is a Nigerian-American doctor and medical director for Planned Parenthood of New York City. She is an outspoken advocate for reproductive rights and healthcare access for all women, especially black women.
4. Nita Johnson is a Jamaican-American certified personal trainer and fitness coach. She is the creator of the “Get Fit with Nita” workout series, which helps women of all shapes and sizes get fit and healthy.
5. Erica Cook is an American certified holistic health coach. She is the founder of “The Black Girl’s Guide to Wellness
Bloggers, YouTubers and Instagrammers
There are a number of Black wellness influencers who are making waves in the industry. Here are just a few of the ones you should know about:
1. Whitney White – @Naptural85
Whitney is a natural hair enthusiast and YouTuber with over 1.3 million subscribers. She provides helpful tips and advice on everything from hair care and styling to product recommendations.
2. Tiarra Monet – @TiarraMonet
Tiarra is a plus-size fashion and lifestyle blogger who promotes body positivity and self-love. She offers outfit inspiration, beauty tips, and advice on how to live your best life.
3. Khrystyana Kazakova – @khrystyana
Khrystyana is a model, activist, and Instagrammer who advocates for diverse representation in the fashion industry. She often speaks out about issues affecting the Black community, such as police brutality and racial inequality.
4. Nadia Yasmine – @nadia_yasminee
Nadia is a Muslim lifestyle blogger who covers a wide range of topics including faith, fashion, travel, and food. She aims to show her followers that
Stories of Black Wellness
There are many black wellness influencers making a difference in the world today. Here are just a few of them:
1. Ashley Victoria Robinson is a Certified Health Coach and the founder of The Balanced Black Girl, a website and community dedicated to helping black women live their best lives.
2. Maya Smith is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and the creator of the popular blog, Black Girls Nutrition. She helps black women learn about and adopt healthy eating habits.
3. Tasha Matthews is a certified personal trainer and the founder of FitBlackGirlClub, a website and online community that helps black women get fit and healthy.
4. Brandi Johnson is a yoga teacher and the creator of the blogBeautyacious, where she writes about health, fitness, and self-care for black women.
5. Shaneka Morris is a certified health coach and the creator of The Brown Skin Girl Guide, a website that provides tips and resources for black women on how to live healthier lives.
There are many inspiring black wellness influencers who are using their platforms to raise awareness about important health and fitness issues. We hope that this article has helped you learn about some of the most influential black wellness influencers out there and that you will follow them to stay up-to-date on the latest health and fitness information.