Nunes Defeats Ronda Rousey
1. Nunes defeated Ronda Rousey in just 48 seconds with a brutal second knockout.
2. Nunes showed no mercy as he battered Rousey with powerful punches, eventually knocking her out cold.
3. This was Nunes’ triumphant return after a yearlong absence from the MMA world.
4. Nunes is now one step closer to earning his shot at the UFC Lightweight Championship.
Nunes Interrupts Dana White’s Speech
1. In an unprecedented move, Nunesinterrupted Dana White’s speech at the UFC 223 post-fight press conference to deliver a brutal second KO spirit filled threat.
2. Nunes told the audience that he had something personal against White and that he would make him regret the day he ever met him.
3. Nunes then left the stage, refusing to answer any questions from the media.
This was an extremely unusual event at the UFC 223 post-fight press conference. Nunes interrupted Dana White’s speech to deliver a brutal second KO spirit filled threat.
Nunes told the audience that he had something personal against White and that he would make him regret the day he ever met him.
Nunes then left the stage, refusing to answer any questions from the media. This is a highly unusual occurrence at post-fight press conferences, and it is unclear what Nunes plans to do next.
Nunes vs Holly Holm Changed The Game
Nunes showed no mercy as he crushed Holly Holm with a brutal second knockout in the main event of UFC 224.
The fight had been billed as a rematch of the highly controversial Nunes vs. Rousey bout from 2016. Nunes had been heavily favored to win this rematch, but Holm proved to be a worthy opponent.
From the beginning of the fight, Nunes was aggressor. He landed hard punches on Holly Holm and seemed determined to finish her quickly. Holly Holm fought back, but she was no match for Nunes’ power.
In the second round, Nunes unleashed a devastating uppercut that knocked Holly Holm out cold. The referee stopped the fight immediately and gave Nunes his first professional victory.
This victory changed the game for Nunes. He now has a chance to become the new champion of UFC 224 and restore his reputation as one of the best fighters in the world.
Nunes has got the Knockout Artist of the Year Award
The reigning UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion, Amanda Nunes, has shown that she is a force to be reckoned with in the Octagon. Her devastating second KO of Ronda Rousey solidified her place as one of the best fighters in MMA history. She has now announced her next target, and it’s none other than current UFC Middleweight Champion, Robert Whittaker.
Nunes is no stranger to making quick work of her opponents. She has already won four consecutive fights by knockout or technical knockout. Her latest win over Rousey was no exception. Nunes landed a number of powerful strikes that dropped Rousey to the ground, and finished her with a devastating second KO.
Whittaker is no slouch himself. He has made it to the UFC Middleweight Championship by defeating some of the best fighters in the world. However, Nunes is not afraid of a challenge. She is looking to take on Whittaker and become the new UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion.
Nunes is not done yet and is eyeing a return to Bantamweight.
1. After dispatching of former UFC Bantamweight Champion Dominick Cruz in less than two minutes, Nunes is already looking to take on another titleholder.
“I’m ready for whoever is next,” Nunes said following her victory. “I want to fight for the title at 145 pounds and defend my belt.”
2. Nunes promises to be a much more difficult opponent than Cruz ever was, stating that her speed, power, and technique will be too much for anyone she meets in the future.
“Dominick Cruz was a very good fighter, but I’m different,” Nunes said. “My speed, my power, and my technique are better. I’m not someone you can just throw down.”